FIRST RELIC RECOVERY & Season Materials
The FIRST Tech Challenge software requires that the minimal version used to run the program is 3.1. This includes the apps and software development tools.
Blocks Programming Tool – A user friendly, graphical tool for programming a competition robot. The Blocks Programming tool is the fastest and easiest way to get started with programming.
• Blocks Programming One Page Description
• Blocks Programming Training Manual (REV Robotics Expansion Hub)
• Blocks Programming Training Manual (Modern Robotics Hardware)
OnBot Java Programming Tool – An easy-to-use, browser-based Java development tool . OnBot Java lets users program in Java without the need for installing Android Studio.
• OnBot Java Tutorial
App Inventor Download and Resources – Teams can use a special version of the MIT App Inventor to program their competition robot. The App Inventor is also a graphical design tool, and the FIRST Tech Challenge version is designed to run locally on a team’s laptop.
• App Inventor Download and Resources
Android Studio Download and Resources – Android Studio is an integrated development tool that lets teams create Java (text-based) programs for their competition robots. Android Studio offers great flexibility when writing a program for a competition robot.
• Android Studio Download and Resources
This year we’re using Vuforia VuMarks (pictorgraphs) for game play. Learn more about using Vuforia VuMarks.
• Using Vuforia VuMarks (pictographs)
Support & Troubleshooting
• FIRST Tech Challenge Technology Forum
• Forum Registration Instructions
• Power Distribution Module Test
• Robot Building Resources
• Team Management Resources